On this blog post I share my honest Wealthy Affiliate review. Having been a premium Wealthy Affiliate member for the past 6 months, I have explored everything the WA has to offer. This is my honest take on the training and platform.
- Name of company: Wealthy Affiliate
- Website: www.wealthyaffiliate.com
- No. of years in existence: 14 years (2004 – 2019)
- No. of members: 1.4 + million
- Origin of members: 193 countries
- Price: Starter Membership, free (>Join here)
- Price: Premium Membership, $49/month (get your 1st month SPECIAL of $19) or $359/Year OR $359/year (Join Here)
- Owners: Kyle Loudoun and Carson Lim
What is Wealthy Affiliate?
It is a one-stop online business training and building platform that provides everything necessary to start affiliate marketing niche websites (blogs) and make unlimited income from them.
What is offered on Wealthy Affiliate?
The main services offered on WA are the two (2) affiliate marketing training courses, tools needed to develop a website, domain register, web hosting, website support, a community of online entrepreneurs and an affiliate program. There are two types of memberships 1) a Free starter membership and 2) a Premium membership.
Free Starter Membership
The free starter membership is one of the positive features of the WA platform. You should never test the depth of the water using both feet. It is plain dangerous, especially on the internet. In fact, you should not join any program on the internet that does not offer a free starter membership or a trial. WA will not even ask for your banking information before you can sign-up for the free starter membership .
You get to choose whether you stay a free member for life or upgrade to premium. Having told you that, I do not rush to the WA sign page and sign up before reading this entire review. There are certain things you should know especially, if you are planning to stay a free member. This is important because as a free starter member, you have access to the premium features during the 1st 7 days. So, you need to capitalize on that by making use of the features that are not available to free members. See the features that are not available to free members at the bottom of the next topic.
The benefits of the free membership
- Access to Level 1 of the Online Entrepreunuer Certification Course (course content in picture above)
- Access to the Affiliate Bootcamp Training (Phase 1)
- Access to step by step written and video tutorials on both the Online Entrepreneur Certification and the Affiliate Bootcamp Training
- 2 free domains to set up two (2) niche websites
- Free SSL Certificates on the two (2) domains
- Daily website backup
- High speed WordPress hosting
- Access to keyword research tool – This will assist you write only content that will generate better rankings in search engines. As a starter member you are allowed to make 30 free searches.
- Daily blogs – youcan create unlimited daily blogs on the WA website as well as access the blogs of other members (very active community)
- WA affiliate program – You can refer new members to WA for reccuring commissions
- Site content – content writing platform that will check your spelling and grammar as well as a quick access to free online images to beautify your content.
What can you accomplish at the end of level 1 (free membership)?
Before you decide to upgrade or stay a free member, you will have achieved the following at the end of the Phase 1 or Level 1 of either the Affiliate Bootcamp Training or the Online Entrepreneur Certification Course:
- Set-up your account profile on Wealthy Affiliate platform
- Interacted with others fellow marketers and aspiring marketers via live chat (1st 7 days)
- Understood the process of earning money online
- Set your idealistic short and long term “make money” goals
- Chosen your niche from scratch
- Named and built your very OWN website using SiteRubix
- Set-up the website that is geared for long-term success
- Activated your website plugins
- Understand how to set-up plugins that maximize website efficiency
- Optimized your website for search engines (Google, Yahoo, & Bing)
- Created your very first page of content on your website
- Have created many relationships with others on WA
- Have gotten timely help when you needed it
- Understood the process of keyword research
- Found a bunch of awesome, low competition keywords
- Learnt how to properly set-up your website navigation
The WA premium membership is the advanced training on affiliate marketing. The following is offered on premium membership:
- The Online Entrepreneur Certification (OEC) training – made up of 5 series of 50 lessons step by step text and video tutorials. Taking you from how affiliate marketing works, to setting up and building your blog business website (in any niche) until your site is ready to generate an income.
- The Affiliate Bootcamp training – Made up of 7 series of 70 lessons step by step text and video tutorials. Taking you from how affiliate marketing works, to setting up and building your blog business website (in the make money online niche) until your site is ready to generate an income.
- Live and archived webinars – There is a live webinar every Friday however, if you cannot attend the live session you can access the webinar fro the WA archives
- Classrooms – This a library of written and video tutorials by WA members themselves and off course, the WA co-owner, Kyle.
- Safe and fast web-hosting for up to 50 (25 free domains and 25 purchased domains) websites.
- Free SSL certificates – to block annoying hackers and spammers. I think this one too qualifies to join the top benefits above. Getting free SSL certificates on 50 websites is unheard-of.
- Live help 24/7 – Should you require an instant explanation of something or have any question, ask for thelp on the live chat platform
- 24/7 website support – This is for technical support on your website should you require it. A very fast and reliable assistance.
- Jaaxy – One of the best keyword research tool is integrated. You can use Jaazy to find great keywords for better search engines rankings of your website content.
- A built in domain register – You do not have to go buy your domains somewhere else and go through the hassle of transferring them to WA.
- WordPress Website builder – The WordPress website builder will give you access to over 40 000 plugins and thousands of website themes/templates. WordPress is the best website builder in the entire cyberspace.
- Unlimited Email Accounts – for domains registered or transferred to WA (free for Premium members).
- An active and helpful community made up of industry experts and millionaires
- Siterubix Content writer – You do not have to be an English writing expert, the Siterubix Site Content will sort out your typing and grammatical errors.
- The Siterubix Content will link you to the copyright free picture’ websites to beautify your content.
- One of the internet’s best Affiliate Program – WA has its own affiliate program with recurring commission
What is GOOD about Wealth Affiliate?
- WA has been around for 12 years. For sure something is working. The number of members (more than 1.4 million) also shows there is real value on this platform
- Free to start – This makes it easy to join and test things. Your credit or debit card information is not required to start. This is great because you get to test what available for free and decide later whether you stay a free member or upgrade to Premium.
- Step-by-step video walkthrough training – This great for newbies. Website development can become technical a step by step video walkthrough is just what a newbie need to website set-up and devlopment.
- Free Websites – You do not have buy a domain to practice what you learn.
- Website Security – The web is full of hackers and scammers who have made it their daily business to steal information of others. Site security will ensure your customers or subscribers information is safe. This is only offered on premium
- Advanced training – the premium membership is really advanced.
- Keyword research tool – Spoken about it above, this is what you need to make your website a success for organic traffic.
- Domain platform – The fact that you can also buy a domain on WA just make everything easier especially to newbies who may not know the technical knowhow of transferring domain to a different host.
- Live help – As a newbie you need a readily available help that will not leave you frustrated.
- Help from a community of online entrepreneurs of all levels. The WA community is a good way to network and connect with like-minded entrepreneurs. This pprobablity one on the greatest things that make WA stand out from other programs.
- Earn while you learn – Even free members can earn reccuring income when they refer new members. Immediately when you join you get your own affiliate link. The minimum payout is low at $25. The 2nd way to earn on WA is by reviewing the websites of other members and offer constructive comments.
- No spam – Spam is not tolerated on WA
- Easy access to the owners – In comparison to other online products, it is easy to reach out to Carson and Kyle.
- As a Premium member, you get up to 25 free domains and up to 25 purchased domain hosting. This you get at NO extra cost. Some entrepreneurs are using the 25 domain hosting to outsource to non-members for a monthly fee.
- Private messaging for one on one mentorship, networking, coaching, etc.
What is not so good about Wealthy Affiliate?
- Affiliate marketing which the WA’s training is all about is not a get-rich-quick scheme, you need atleast 50 – 100 blog posts on your website before you can see organic traffic. Organic traffic is your website visitors/users from search engine rankings. The good thing is you can use the social media to market your website content until you achieve organic traffic.
- Although the Phase 1 and Level 1 of the two courses are really a good foundation, you do need to upgrade to Premium membership otherwise, your progress will be hampered. Especially if you are a newbie to affiliate marketing and website development.
- The reminder to upgrade to premium membership will be on your face should you decide to stay a free member. It can be irritating.
- The type of affiliate marketing emphasized on WA is building websites for blogging. If you are not used to writing, the beginning will be intimidating. However, practice do really make prefect!
- The platform is so busy it can be overwhelming. From daily blogs to questions and success stories, you are very likely to get tempted to read something else other than the training course you really need to follow to the Tee. This also happen because as a newbie you are curious about every thing plus you think you are going to miss a tip that can make you successful. The good thing is, nothing is lost on WA, all questions, blogs and success stories are archived for you to access later.
- The 1st 7 days grace period is too short to complete all the training modules. The best thing is to avoid all the distraction and follow the training as much as you can during the 1st 7 days.
- Once you upgrade, you cannot go back to free membership. Should you find yourself unable to pay the premium fees, you cannot choose to go back to being a free member. This is especially bad because making money with affiliate marketing takes time. Should this happen to you, you will need to transfer your domain to a different host otherwise, you will lose your website.
Are there success stories with proof?
What I like about the success stories of Wealthy Affiliate is that they are posted by members themselves directly on the WA Blog roll. They are plenty of success stories at different levels. In fact you will see them every single day. Below I provide a list of some of the success stories I have picked after joining WA which you can read by yourself:
Who should join WA and who should NOT?
Be warned! ONLY JOIN if you are willing to work hard. Working hard in this case means, following the training and applying all the lessons to your own website. They say curiosity killed the cat. Many people will be curious to see what else is available on the training and therefore, will skip the tasks. This will not help you much, even if you skip tasks, make sure you go back and complete them.
Honestly speaking, if you are looking for a get-rich-quick scheme Wealthy Affiliate is not for you. These words you will hear early on during the training.
WA is not perfect and no program is. However, there are many good features on the WA program to help you succeed. Many have rated this program as the best in the industry so far. Anyone can make use of the features and succeed. It all depend on what how much effort you put in. How quick you succeed is also entirely up to you.
If your wish is to make unlimited income one day from home, and you can afford the WA premium membership, and willing to put in the work, I say go for it. There is so many possibilities in the the online world. The more efforts you put in, the quicker you will see success.
Even if you do not get it right with your 1st website, I am sure this training and the platform will unlock many other opportunities available on the web for you to explore. That was my honest Wealthy Affiliate Review. Good-luck!
I love to interact with you. Please use the comment section below to give your comment and ask any question about the WA program.
My name is Linda. I am a student of Wealthy Affiliate. I am learning about affiliate marketing and building my own online business at the same time. On this blog site, I share the most important tips, lessons and experiences, so that your may start your own affiliate marketing business too. Click here, to learn a little more about me